To publish ArcGIS Server web services that access the data in your IBM Netezza Data Warehouse Appliance, your ArcGIS Server site must connect to Netezza. To configure that connection, you need to do the following:
- Install and configure the Netezza ODBC driver on the ArcGIS Server machines and the ArcGIS Desktop client machines.
- Grant privileges.
- Connect to the data warehouse appliance.
- Register the connection file with your ArcGIS Server site.
Install and configure the Netezza ODBC driver
To connect an ArcGIS client to Netezza, you must install and configure the Netezza ODBC driver on each ArcGIS client machine.
If you do not have the privileges to install software on the machines where ArcGIS clients are running, you'll need to have your IT department install the Netezza ODBC driver for you.
If your ArcGIS Server site is composed of multiple machines, you must install and configure the 64-bit Netezza ODBC client on each machine.
If ArcGIS Server and ArcMap are installed on the same machine, install both the 32- and 64-bit Netezza ODBC drivers.
If you configure a data source name for the ODBC drivers, you must use the same name on the ArcGIS Server machines and all ArcGIS Desktop computers from which you register the database and that will publish data to the ArcGIS Server site.
See Connect to Netezza from ArcGIS for further instructions.
The Netezza group that will connect to the database and publish data must be granted privileges to access the data.
The group needs read access to the data. The privileges that must be granted in the database are as follows:
- Select on _V_SYS_PRIV
- Select on SPATIAL_REF_SYS
- Select on GEOMETRY_COLUMNS
- Execute on LIBGEOSLIBS
- Execute on LIBSTDCPP
- Execute on LIBSPATIALUTILS
- Execute on FUNCTION
- Select on all datasets to be published
See Privileges for using ArcGIS with Netezza for more information.
The database administrator can use database tools to grant the privileges.
Connect to Netezza
To register a Netezza Data Warehouse Appliance with an ArcGIS Server site, you'll need the following information:
- The type of database platform to which you are connecting (in this case, Netezza)
- The ODBC data source name for the Netezza Data Warehouse Appliance or, if an ODBC data source name is not configured, use the following syntax to connect:
ServerName=<host>;Port=<port number>;Database=<database name>
- Authentication type set to database authentication (operating system authentication is not supported)
- A valid database user name and password, which must be saved with the connection
Register with ArcGIS Server
You can register the database from ArcGIS Server Manager, the Manage registered data stores pane in ArcGIS Pro, or the Catalog tree in ArcMap. See the following for an explanation of registration options and how to register the database: